The Way It Was #3
Irlandes, Jan 5, 2009, 5:31pm
Originally posted to the "Don't Get Married" forum (now closed).
A month or two after I started working with the Father's Rights group and doing phone counseling back in 1984, I got a call from a man.
He had discovered his wife was committing adultery. (So much for the claim that if you find a good Christian women, the odds of divorce go down.) He was a Christian Fundamentalist, so he did the obvious thing and went to his pastor for advice.
Big mistake. Moron Pastor screamed insults at him, telling him it was his fault she committed adultery, that if he had been right with God, she couldn't have done it.
I was shocked. Though I do not always wish to state my actual religious beliefs or lack of, I have read the Bible a lot. And, I assure you nowhere does the Bible say a woman can't sin on her own free will. In fact, it clearly says no one is righteous, and that statement does not exclude women. That also agrees with what one can see for himself. Does anyone here know any woman who is totally pure and sinless? ;D
Over the years of my activism, I spent a lot of time trying to understand certain things. For example, what is the real reason men hate paying child support? In this case, why would a Christian pastor, allegedly an expert on the Bible, come up with something so stupid as that wives do not have free will?
That latter question did not take me as long to figure out as the first question, but it was still a long time. At one point, in the 80's, I took a paper-back Bible and went through it, noting every reference to marriage; men; women; husbands; and wives. Not just those words but anything which clearly referred to them in any way. Alas, that Bible was inadvertently abandoned in Austin after someone plowed into me on I-35 Low and the car was totalled. Then, I went back through the list, looking for anywhere it says men are to be blamed when a woman sins. It wasn't there.
Let me add here that I mean no disrespect for the Christian Bible, nor their deities. I do mean major disrespect for the organized Christian churches and their pastors and elders and deacons in the US. They are our enemies, IMO. Worse then the feminists themselves, in part though not totally because there are so many more of them working to destroy us. Also, I must apologize for referring to the Bible when many of you are not theists at all, but I feel it is important to know our enemies.
I finally arrived at an understanding in 1997 when Promise Keepers Heretics had their big national meeting, which was televised at length on cable. It became apparent that the Christian Churches mostly, not all, in the US are involved in a major heresy, which by their theology can only come directly from Satan.
The Bible does say men are supposed to be the leaders of the family and the church. It also says women are to submit to their husbands. And that men are to love their wives.
The heresy comes in because these stupid feckers honestly believe that men become leaders by leading, and that women cannot resist righteous male leadership. That male leadership arises when Real Men (like the heretics themselves, of course) lead, women get all weak in the knees and become submissive. Hardy, har, har. Talk about brazen arrogance!
That is not what the Bible says.
These guys get lost, with Satan's help, down in Ephesians, and are totally convinced that it says men become leaders by leading. Yet, no where does it say that. It says, "Wives, submit to your husbands." This is an imperative command for women.
It's like a mutiny in the military, and then blaming the general for not leading well enough. The only way a general can lead is submission by the soldiers.
I studied men as well, and realized that it works like women become mothers. Most women are sort of worthless as mothers until their baby is born and their baby is put in their arms. Then, it's like they melt into super-moms. (Yes, I know there are a lot of shitty moms but most women on the planet do show maternal behavior when their baby is put in their arms. They can't help it.) Well, it's like that for men. I have seen it happen. A woman tells her husband she submits to him and he sort of melts into a man trying to take care of a respectful wife. It takes time, just as it takes time for women to learn maternal behavior. How many of you would not be willing to work for a really good, happy, submissive wife? I know; an oxymoron...
My Real Daughter is a submissive wife; one of two or three that I know, though I certainly know a lot of Christian women.
Let us also review Genesis. It is implied that God came down and talked to Adam and Eve and taught them. That is, he was Eve's spiritual leader. These Promise Keeper dudes imagine if they and their wives were in the Garden, and God came down, they would still be their wives spiritual leaders. "Where was Adam when Eve ate the apple?" they ask, sarcastically. The answer, of course, is he was exactly where he was supposed to be; doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing. Yet, these stupid feckers want to blame him for not being a Real Man as they imagine they are.
Yet, with God as her personal spiritual leader, Eve still sinned, right? These morons imagine that a husband is supposed to have a greater effect on their wives than God Himself had on Eve. ;D
Yet, the only advice in the entire Bible for a man who is married to a nasty woman is that he would be better off living in the wilderness (or in one place it says in the corner of a housetop.) The Bible gives a lot of good advice on how to deal with all sorts of problems. If there were any way a man could control a contentious woman, it would be spelled out in there, wouldn't it? But, all it says, essentially, is Get The Hell Out if you find yourself married to a fiend. ;D
Probably at least half the churches in the US, by estimate on Father's Day the arrogant; pompous; conceited jackass pastor gives a fiery denunciation against all fathers, on the one day a year set aside to celebrate fatherhood.
For those of you who have avoided Christian churches, a great move for the most part, no man who has ever divorced can ever be a deacon or elder of most of those churches. Not even if his wife committed adultery. Yet, the Bible says adultery is a valid reason for divorce. Divorced women can work in the nursery with impressionable children, (my biological daughter does) but men are allowed to attend and donate lots of money, but that's it. Bad men; bad, bad men.
You may wonder why I spent this much time on this topic over the years. It's because a very high percentage of judges; legislators; and voters in the US are Christian. They believe it is God's will we get fecked over. It is interesting to note that in nations which kill Christians on sight, men aren't treated this way, heh, heh.
One of my opinions is that if it weren't for Christian help, we could defeat feminists rather easily. They actually represent the majority of people in the US. For one to be effective at any level of activism, it is necessary to know as much about what you are dealing with as you can.
03 June 2009
The Way It Was #3: On Christianity
Irlandes' third instalment: Christianity and Men in the USA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Roadkill, very interesting post. I agree with you on quite a few points. While being convicted to become a REAL servant of Jesus and to actually OBEY what it says in the Bible (imagine that right) I had to actually READ the Bible instead of just listening to teachers and such.
ReplyDeleteWhat an eye opener. I also read a book that many feminists cannot even say the title to as they lose their minds "Created To Be Helpmeet" by Debbie Pearl. Woke me up real quick.
I apologized to my Husband (The General I call him :) got on my knees before him and GOD and repented and got to getting things right. I am not always right, I do make mistake, but my whole attitude has changed DRAMATICALLY.
However, I have found that this does not get very far with most Christians. Most of the people that call themselves "christians" are not. They think they are and do a huge disservice to God and themselves. I know, I was one.
I am actually trying to change things a bit on a new blog I started (you can edit this part out, I am not trying to advertise it, but let you know about it..the blog is www.takingbackwomanhood.blogspot.com).
Some guys that think like you have said that an actual good wife is like a unicorn, you have heard about them but never seen them. Some of us who have been convicted and changed want to fight to convict others and to stand and fight againts the things that are wrong.
I hope you don't mind, but I would like to link to some of your posts in the future.
Let me know if that is ok.
Very thoughtful post. I agree, I found I splintered with almost all my "christian" friends when I refused to support Sarah Palin (wrote about that on my other blog). I didn't agree with someone calling themselves a "Christian" woman and pretending to stand for us at large..yet in DEEP rebellion to what the word of God says.
Many Blessings :)
Ace
Link away, Ace. I've re-posted these articles from Irlandes to preserve his wisdom.
ReplyDelete